Economic Development Solutions for Communities, Utilities, State Organizations, etc.
Future Focus Development Solutions, has assembled a team of more economic development “Brain Power” than any other economic development consulting firm in the business. Kay Brockwell, Founder/CEO of Future Focus owns the majority of Future Focus with Next Move Group, LLC, owning a minority position in Future Focus.
Consider the experience our team has leading to this sizable amount of “Brain Power”:
- Fortune 500 site selection experience and Site Selectors Guild member: John Sisson
- Industrial Real Estate Broker: John Sisson
- Utility Economic Development Experience: Jeffrey Taylor spent 31 years with TVA Electric Power's Economic Development Recruiting Team
- University Degrees from: Memphis State University, Wichita State University, Mississippi State University, University of Kentucky, Rhodes College, University of Southern Mississippi, University of North Alabama, Western Kentucky University, and the University of Alabama.
- Graduates of Ivy League Programs: John Sisson, Dartmouth College, Advanced Management Training, Tuck School of Business, and Kay Brockwell, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government Leadership Academy
- Academic experience: Robert Ingram worked at the University of Southern Mississippi’s Economic Development School for 4 years. Tucson Roberts served as the Dean of the Alabama Aviation Center in Ozark, a FAA Certified maintenance college that trains Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics.
- Additional Coursework: Virginia Tech (Robert Ingram, Marketing Audits), University of Central Arkansas (Robert Ingram, Community Development Institute), University of Oklahoma (Jeffrey Taylor, Economic Development Institute), Georgia Tech University (Jeffrey Taylor, Basic Economic Development)
- Political experience: Jeffrey Taylor is a State Legislator, Robert Ingram was a former Mayor, Ray Methvin is a former City Alderman
- Creativity: Ray Methvin wrote country music songs in Nashville for 15 years
- Financial experience: Robert Ingram was one of 7 founding members of a bank with substantial commercial lending experience, Jeffrey Taylor is an Economic Development Finance Professional, and John Sisson worked in Corporate Finance at Ford Motor Company and Mallinckrodt.
- More than 60 years of running 14 economic development organizations
- More than 70 years of working in 20 economic development organizations
We work on retainer, scope of work, and commission based contracts to provide the following solutions for economic development clients:
"Real World Lessons in Creating Jobs"
"How to Close Deals Using Common Sense Incentives"
"The Site Selection Process"
"Marketing an Industrial Park"
"How to Get a Prospect's Attention"
"Economic Development Trends"
Elected Official Training
"Mock" Prospect Visit
How to Complete an RFP Training
Economic Impact Analysis
RFP Completion Assistance
Finding the Data Which Best Promotes Your Education System
Retail Gap Analysis
Economic Development Organization Staffing
Executive Searches for Economic Developers
Interim Economic Development Director
"Rent an Economic Developer" by the hour
Next Move Group (Part Owners in Future Focus) Consultants:
CEO/Next Move Group, LLC
New Orleans, Louisiana
Chad is the CEO of the Next Move Group, LLC, which is a minority owner of Future Focus. Prior to founding the Next Move Group, he served as an economic developer in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi and was honored in 2010 with the Southern Economic Development Council's Highest Honor for giving back to the profession. Chad has likely closed more economic development deals in small towns than any economic developer in the United States over the past eight years both as an economic development practitioner and a site selector, 26 deals to be exact.
President/Next Move Group, LLC
St. Louis, Missouri
Alex is the President of Next Move Group, LLC, which is a minority owner in Future Focus. Prior to founding the Next Move Group, he served as a successful economic developer in Paducah, Kentucky. Alex owned his own community website firm prior to his work in Paducah and comes from a family tree of successful entrepreneurs having had family members own successful grocery stores, food processing plants, and restaurants.
Muscle Shoals, AL
Ray is a creative genius. Literally! Having spent 15 years in Nashville writing country music songs, a few of which were big enough hits he still collects sizable royalty checks, Ray decided in 2004 to start his own ad agency. The same creativity which made Ray a successful country music song writer spills over into all his projects. Ray's services run the gamut of all possibilities of advertising and marketing, and he works hand in hand with us to help our economic development clients be successful in reaching potential prospects and stakeholders.
Site Selection Consultant
Greenville, South Carolina
John is a member of the Site Selectors Guild. He has managed site selection projects over a 30 year career and negotiated over $2 billion in economic development incentives. A few of his site selection clients include: AT&T, Shell Oil, Wacker Chemie, General Motors, Caterpillar, Lowe's, Heinz, etc.
Additionally, John developed and implemented certified site programs in New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Maryland, and South Carolina, and has assisted several states in understanding their competitive position for industry attraction, most recently assisting the Arkansas Tax and Revenue committee on positioning for a Super Project against 10 competing states.
Community Development Consultant
Jeff spent 31 years working with TVA Electric Power as an Economic Development Professional. He is also certified as an Economic Development Finance Professional by the National Development Council. In 2016, Jeff was elected to the Kentucky State House of Representatives.
During his time at TVA, Jeff developed a "Quick Turn" Spec Building program and managed a Minority Economic Development Loan Fund. Jeff has a Master's in Community Counseling from the University of North Alabama, and a Bachelor's in Communications from Western Kentucky University. Additionally, he serves on the Board of Directors for Leadership Kentucky.
CEO/Common Sense Economic Development
Robert spent 42 years in Economic Development prior to founding Common Sense Economic Development. He is certified as a PCED, Professional Community Economic Developer. Robert assisted over 125 companies locate or expand during his economic development career.
Robert has done everything from literally starting a bank, to serving as a Mayor, to teaching Masters courses in Economic Development.
Principal, Tucson/Atlantic Consulting
Tucson founded Tucson/Atlantic Consulting after 10 successful years as the Economic Developer in Covington County, Alabama. During his time in Covington County, he recruited a number of aerospace related projects to the small county of only 37,000 people. Additionally, Tucson's experience includes serving as the Dean of the Alabama Aviation Center in Ozark, Alabama, an FAA Certified maintenance college that trains Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics. Tucson also served as an airport manager for 8 years. Compounding on this significant aerospace experience, Tucson/Atlantic Consulting is performing "Aerospace Site Certification" programs for commmunities working with Robert Ingram and Common Sense Economic Development.
Tucson received both his graduate and undergraduate degrees from the University of Alabama.